No announcement yet.

what dashcams are you all using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You read the 2 reviews? I'd not get that after reading those. Especially at 150 notes.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

one of them only seems to knock it for it's packaging, something i welcome being cheap and nasty as i hate the idea that my money has gone towards a fancy box that's going straight in the bin and the fact it needs a hardwire kit which is something the every review for the cam mentions, it needs to get power when the engine is off somehow.

The second with the mention of the quality of the video is something i'm aware of, i've watched a few sample clips from that camera and while i'd be disappointed if that was the quality i got when filming a family vacation, that's not what this cam is for, you can still clearly make out number plates, faces etc... and that's what's important with a dashcam.

The part that makes me think i may just step up to the one version newer, is having to put the card in a pc to change settings etc.. as the one version up has wifi, and while i'm not interested in monitoring the cam from afar as i don't have a permanent hotspot in the car, being able to set it up over wifi with the app on my phone would be good
      Last edited by 4ftofflame; 5th June 2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Bit more than that mate. Said it feels cheaply made and not worth 150

Comment

I have a Nextbase 312GW in my work van with a modified GoPro mount, as the suction mount is poop. I have a Blackvue DR490-2CH in my Astra VXR and that come with parking mode. Parking mode works pretty well and the video quality is very good. I even wired the rear camera in through the cars main harness, onto the rear window. I can't even see the rear camera on the rear window from looking in the rear view mirror. I would like the Blackvue DR900S new 4K camera for my work van, as I drive that a lot more than my VXR.
          Astra VXR Arctic Edition - Onto my 3rd one...
          For Dj-Mixes & My Mixes click my Mixcloud - Click Here

Comment

wish i had the skill/knowledge to wire one in as neatly as it sounds like yours is. I'll have a look at the 490, makes me laugh the review on Amazon gives it 1 star, but says it's "generally good" and the only negative they list is that it losses the time setting when unplugged, and for that one thing they knocked off 4 stars lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 4ftofflame View Post
              wish i had the skill/knowledge to wire one in as neatly as it sounds like yours is. I'll have a look at the 490, makes me laugh the review on Amazon gives it 1 star, but says it's "generally good" and the only negative they list is that it losses the time setting when unplugged, and for that one thing they knocked off 4 stars lol.
              Tbf the rear harness is easy to tap into. I changed the whole of my rear harness when I retrofitted factory park pilot. Also when I wired in my second rear fog light I just spliced the wire and taped it neatly into the rear loom.

Comment

Originally posted by mark_dj View Post
                I have a Nextbase 312GW in my work van with a modified GoPro mount, as the suction mount is poop. I have a Blackvue DR490-2CH in my Astra VXR and that come with parking mode. Parking mode works pretty well and the video quality is very good. I even wired the rear camera in through the cars main harness, onto the rear window. I can't even see the rear camera on the rear window from looking in the rear view mirror. I would like the Blackvue DR900S new 4K camera for my work van, as I drive that a lot more than my VXR.
                one thing i was wondering, as that blackvue model doesn't have a screen or wifi, how do you position it correctly? do you just have to take an educated guess

Comment

nextbase duo HD.... does what it says on the tin... though ive half the features turned off.... just time stamp left on.

Comment

blackvue 750 in my car, its kind of annoying though

Comment

Originally posted by robo22sri View Post
                      blackvue 750 in my car, its kind of annoying though
                      Why? More info needed.

Comment

Originally posted by w20adm View Post
                        Why? More info needed.
                        what this guy said lol. Need to know why it's "kind of annoying" as what's a little annoying for you may be a deal breaker for others or a complete non issue

Comment

Currently, I'm using Owlcam 4G LTE smart dash. I've tried a lot of different cams but this one is what I like most. In a combination with iVMS-4500 app, it turns into the most awesome recording device.

Comment

I've got one, but for insurance purposes only, as someone smashed into the back of my Astra back in 2011, so just peace of mind.

But imo the majority of dashcam users these days lack 0% hazard perception....
                            Opel Nürburgring Edition No.534 / IG - ItzMrGoodKat

Comment

Nextbase 212 on rear and Transcend Drive Pro on front
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X