This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer help

Can anyone help me please?? I'm using my laptop with a wireless connection to our BT broadband which is downstairs...I keep getting cut off and I get the message....DNS cannot resolve IP addresses...and I can't get the internet unless I go downstairs where the modem and server are and switch it off and on again....What is causing this?? Before it happened everytime the phone rang but sorted that with a filter but it still keeps doing it....Bloody annoying!!

Do you lose the internet or do you lose the wireless connection?
    Mini Cooper S
    Vinyl by www.mbsigndesign.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
      Do you lose the internet or do you lose the wireless connection?
      the internet...yeah i'm still connected to bt voyager

Comment

The only things it could be then is a missing adsl filter from a socket or a faulty adsl filter or a faulty adsl modem/router or adsl/tel lead from router to adsl filter or even a bad line to your house.

To check the adsl filters remove evrything from every bt socket inc filters apart from the one where the modem is, Leave the modem and filter in. If the problem persists change the filter if it still persists change the adsl/tel lead if it still persists phone adsl provider and ask for a line check if this comes back ok ask them to swap the adsl modem/router out and after this if it still persist's call your isp provider and ask them to send an engineer out to fix the line.

Steve
        Mini Cooper S
        Vinyl by www.mbsigndesign.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
          The only things it could be then is a missing adsl filter from a socket or a faulty adsl filter or a faulty adsl modem/router or adsl/tel lead from router to adsl filter or even a bad line to your house.

To check the adsl filters remove evrything from every bt socket inc filters apart from the one where the modem is, Leave the modem and filter in. If the problem persists change the filter if it still persists change the adsl/tel lead if it still persists phone adsl provider and ask for a line check if this comes back ok ask them to swap the adsl modem/router out and after this if it still persist's call your isp provider and ask them to send an engineer out to fix the line.

Steve
          wow IT Steve.... never knew

Comment

Thanx a lot Steve.....just got back on again now !! Will try all of those things you said ...cheers!!

Comment

Working...
            X