X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mobile phones

Hi everyone, quick question for you all

Im due an upgrade in 10days and ive been told the samsung omnia i wanted has been discontinued

any reccomendations?

how about this one??
    http://www.astraownersnetwork.com/sh...ad.php?t=54429

Comment

if you can hang i believe the new nokia N97 will be out sometime in the new year , looks the nuts

http://blogs.inquirer.net/m-ph/2008/...hip-phone-n97/
      Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

im a massive samsung fan though :P

Comment

I had a nokia N95, possibly the best phone I ever had, then I upgraded, wanted the N96, but got suggested a Samsung Tocco, which they sent out for a week for me to trial it... kept it ever since. Not bad... a few short commings, but generally a very good phone.

Comment

what about the samsung pixon then? got 8mg camera? i dont know how the phone is but is very similar to the tocco and omnia

Comment

had a play on the pixon, and its like a kid has built it,very lightweight and plasticy imo
              camera is superb though

Comment

I have the new E66 - well pleased with it, quality metal finish to it

http://shop.nokia.co.uk/nokia-uk/pro...t=e66_preorder

Astra

Comment

i got the iphone its great lots ot toys 2 play with but the cam is ok but not the best tho

Comment

Another vote for the iphone.......did you know theres an application on there called cams ahot for 59p thats a gps speed cam detector incredible works a treat.
                    Mini Cooper S
                    Vinyl by www.mbsigndesign.co.uk

Comment

i think im gonna go for the iphone i love gadgets and stuff. ive got to swap from voda to o2 tho

Comment

If you love gadgets you'll love the iphone but I must point out the iphones pitfalls like no mms picture messaging and you cant forward a text message also theres no copy and paste so if you use a pda like myself for appointments I have stuck with the pda as until Apple include the copy and paste which should have arrived in this latest firware but didnt (although the code is there just not activated) I will carry on with the pda for now and finally bluetooth only supports audio i.e. car kits and headsets.

Now If you can live without these flaws and I say flaws as some of these will probably get sorted in time then go for it as you will not be disapointed in any way shape or form.

As far as picture messaging goes you can easily set up an email account on your iphone and email pictures about which is what i do.

In fact on saturday i was at westfield shopping centre in derby and one of the shops would take a picture and put it on canvas for you so i emailed the shop the picture and they did it for me and it looks cool.

Some other applications on the iphone are palringo which is messenger which includes skye yahoo msn so you can have all your messenger contacts in one application and chat with them. Facebook application which saves going into the internet and makes facebook far easier to use. shazam application which basically can use the iphones mic and listen to any piece of music and tell you what it is which never ceases to amaze me. Google earth you tube weather there all self explanatory but another is flixter which allows you to look for movies see trailers and then find your local cinema and get times ticket prices and telephone numbers etc.

In a sentence 'It just works'

Sorry for the long post but i really really love my iphone and wouldnt be without it now.

P.s. did I mention that although 3g is very good and quick if you go to anywhere like macdonalds or shopping centers which have 'the cloud' or 'bt open zone' wifi as part of your contract with o2 you can connect to them for free unlimited and get wifi broadband

Steve
                        Mini Cooper S
                        Vinyl by www.mbsigndesign.co.uk

Comment

I have the new sony ericcson c905 from vodafone. Its got loads of stuff on it that i havent used yet like this photo tagging thing, google earth and sat nav. it also has a 8.1mp camera and comes with a 2gb card
                          sigpic
                          TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

google earth on the iphone is the best !!!
                            went 2 the rally on the weekend and i used it 2 find the
                            best spot 2 watch the rally its mint

Comment

NOKIA NOKIA NOKIA NOKIA NOKIA NOKIA NOKIA NOKIA all the time !!!
                              MB E63s AMG
                              MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                              Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                              Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Working...
                              X