X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Book of Eli: WARNING MAJOR SPOILER ALERT

DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS MOVIE YET

Ok I've just seen this film and I'm confused by the twist. Was Eli blind the ENTIRE time or did he only (conveniently) become blind after he arrived at Alcatraz??

If it's the former then this has to be one of the most BS twists in movie history. I can't believe he was blind the entire time. This has to be impossible because of what he does in the film. I think the Braille bible wasn't as concrete a piece of evidence or as obvious as some people think because you don't have to be blind to know how to read braile. The ending was kind of rushed and they did show us Eli's cataract eyes but that still didn't satisfy my understanding of the twist.

Originally posted by John Doe View Post
    DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS MOVIE YET

Ok I've just seen this film and I'm confused by the twist. Was Eli blind the ENTIRE time or did he only (conveniently) become blind after he arrived at Alcatraz??

If it's the former then this has to be one of the most BS twists in movie history. I can't believe he was blind the entire time. This has to be impossible because of what he does in the film. I think the Braille bible wasn't as concrete a piece of evidence or as obvious as some people think because you don't have to be blind to know how to read braile. The ending was kind of rushed and they did show us Eli's cataract eyes but that still didn't satisfy my understanding of the twist.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I've changed my mind a few times. I think it's one of those films where there is no definitive answer - you make your own mind up. I'm leaning towards blind the whole time, but had God's help to guide him both figuratively and literally.

Comment

Originally posted by Amraam View Post
      I'm leaning towards blind the whole time, but had God's help to guide him both figuratively and literally.
      think thats pretty much it like. mint film btw
      Arden VXR, 19" Anthrecite alloys, TMS Stage 3, Forge FMIC, Remus, K&N Panel filter, Insignia washer jets, RARB, DAP's, Sight and light, Keyless, Forge recirc valve, Percys oil restrictor and breather box, 3 Gauge conversion, VXR front grille badge, VXRonline window stickers and The Origional Percys Airbox

Comment

Yeah it's one of those films you have to watch twice (which I have now) and on the second viewing you can see slight hints that he was blind the entire time such as he was always seen reading the bible with his hand up by the page but then other scenes totally contradict the blind theory such as the gunfight and the hand to hand combat and the scene where he was watching the man and woman getting attacked by the bikers.

So i agree, he must have had more divine intervention than Moses. Defo one of those films which leaves it to you to come up with your own conclusion.

Comment

watched this a while ago and didnt realise he was blind throughout the film,until the end when he became blind????,thought it was a bit crap tbh
          Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Comment

Working...
          X