This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a new TV

OK, I've decided to plump for an HD TV, but what one should I get.

Will be used for: XBox 360; Sky HD (eventually); PS/3; PC

Currently looking at the Sony KDL40W2000 but wondered if anyone had any other suggestions/comment.

PS: If anyone wants a 36" Sony Vega Widescreen CRT laviathon of a TV, then make me an offer.

rough price???

Comment

Me buying new, or you buying mine?

Comment

LG make the best panels, no doubt about it! so one of theire would be a good bet.

sony and panasonic are probably next best but they can be expensive.

i have a samsung one which does the job!

check out www.ebuyer.co.uk theyre cheap reliable and even if you dont buy from them, the reviews on the site are worth a look!

Comment

Have a look at Toshiba as well.

I just got a WLT37 before Christmas and it's superb. Looked at everything else and the picture via HDMI was the best.

Using www.avforums.com I managed almost £500 off it, list was £1399 paid £866 at Currys online using some discount codes found on the forum.
          sigpic

Comment

Well, I've spent hours looking through all [well, a tiny bit of] the stuff on the internet and I think the Sony Bravia seems to have the edge for me.

Now, is the 40X really worth the extra £300 over the 40W

BTW: Thanks for the info and links, certainly save me from trawling a million hits on Google.

Comment

i wouldnt say so, the x has better sound apparently but thats the only realy difference i think :?

good choice tho, cant go wrong with a bravia! :wink:

Comment

Panasonic for me everytime...

Spent 3 months testing every lcd (not plasma) i could find and panasonic viera range was by far the best but not cheapest....

When the panels are cut panasonic and lg now get 1st choice and it is a fact that panasonic now have the best electronics with regards to lcd followed by lg.....

I would definetly get 2 hdmi inputs and a seperate hdmi link setup and get a good quality hdmi and scart cable as well something like a qed or van den hul for around £50 to £80 each they are definetly worth it if you want top picture quality... Dont even consider using the manufacturer supplied.....It will look great until you compare it.....

The sony does look a superb package though but not every top award in magazines are justified though....

I waited 6 months for a denon upscaling dvd player to be delivered to go with my denon amp and receiver and for £600 the lip sync on it is absolutly shocking!!!!!! This dvd won all the awards but 1 in 20 films i watch the mouth movement is out to the sound......denon informed me its in the dvd encoding which they cant do anything about but they work fine on my sons £30 player......

The moral try b4 you buy....
                HeavenlyDetail
                Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

yeah my uncle works for panasonic, so we tend to get freebies ;-)
                  theyre pretty gd, apparently they now may the biggest lcd tv in the world now....103"! and they might get one for the staff room

Comment

I used to have a tosh widescreen but it broke after 13months with a power switch fault which to fix would have meant shipping back to manufacturer - worst 440 spent ever. Since then been panasonic and has worked brilliantly, as has my brothers.

Comment

All I would advise is go to John Lewis before you buy.The free 5yr warranty is worth having,try getting one for nothing else wherehttp://www.johnlewis.com/Audio+and+T...bCategory.aspx
                      sigpic
                      More than 34,900 viewings and counting
                      Click Here to.................
                      See My Wheels
                      See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdilly
                        All I would advise is go to John Lewis before you buy.The free 5yr warranty is worth having,try getting one for nothing else wherehttp://www.johnlewis.com/Audio+and+T...bCategory.aspx
                        Gotta agree, a free 5 year warranty and price matching make them my favourite store for large electrical purchases

Comment

Actually, I've decided to wait until the 120hz LCDs come out, sometime later this year......

.... but then something new will be on the horizon and I'll wait again....will the cycle never end.

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR
                            Actually, I've decided to wait until the 120hz LCDs come out, sometime later this year......

.... but then something new will be on the horizon and I'll wait again....will the cycle never end.
                            Never!

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdilly
                              I use them for all the time spot on.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Working...
                              X