This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for swap. Remus for scorpion

Bought a Remus turbo back system a couple of months ago from a chap on here. Since I have put it on the car feels great but the noise is starting to annoy me now. It is a seriously loud exhaust. I didn't realise how loud when I bought it. I know the scorpions are a bit quieter so if anyone with a scorpion fancies a change then I will be happy to swap. The Remus had done 15000 miles approx when I had it and it's done another 1500 on mine. These are a very high quality system and made very well so the exhaust is in excellent condition. If your interested please drop me a pm. I'm from the west mids so could get them swapped at mpg or a garage that you know and trust.

Thanks

Andy

Would you just sell the remus on its own mate?

Comment

good shout, sell for 500, mayb more if possible, then ul not have 2 put much 2wards it for a brand new scorpion
      Originally posted by VXR Staff
      Billy junior is the future...

Right off to see if the scythe is needed or not

Comment

Originally posted by W28LLY View Post
        good shout, sell for 500, mayb more if possible, then ul not have 2 put much 2wards it for a brand new scorpion
        what he said
        sigpic
        Originally posted by soosie
        Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
        Originally posted by soosie
        Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Appreciate the comments chaps but I am looking for a least hassle solution. Dont want to put anymore money into the car so just a straight swap seems the best way

Comment

TBH, I cant see anyone in their right mind doing this, but if it helps why dont you speak with this member;

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=100721

ps> Any 3" exhaust is going to be nearly as loud as well, if not louder !
            sigpic

Comment

Ok well we will have to see I suppose.

Did see this thread but as mentioned I dont want to sell and then have to find another or put more money to a brand new one.

From the videos on this site and others online the scorpion does sound a lot quieter to me.

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
              TBH, I cant see anyone in their right mind doing this, but if it helps why dont you speak with this member;

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=100721

ps> Any 3" exhaust is going to be nearly as loud as well, if not louder !

Comment

send Br3tt Wilson a pm mate, he has a scorpion and reckons its very quiet.
                Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

@ Geordie..

Mate if this was almost a brand new system then maybe a swap would be on the cards,

you have to remember the scorpion is a new system so there will not be many high mileaged scorpions on here, so i cant see anyone in the right mind going to swap for a system thats done almost 17k miles on it...

your best off selling it for IRO £400-500 then add an extra 160ish on top then hee presto a brande new system for 200 notes max...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by br3ttwilson View Post
                    @ Geordie..

Mate if this was almost a brand new system then maybe a swap would be on the cards,

you have to remember the scorpion is a new system so there will not be many high mileaged scorpions on here, so i cant see anyone in the right mind going to swap for a system thats done almost 17k miles on it...

your best off selling it for IRO £400-500 then add an extra 160ish on top then hee presto a brande new system for 200 notes max...
                    as brett says it makes sense..

Comment

Remus is allot louder than the scorpion, if you want it quieter then it's a good system to go for, got to say the remus is allot better quality, and sound imo, so it's a good swap for someone if your remus hasn't done many miles, and they don't mind the slight performance loss going from 3" to 2.7".

Comment

Originally posted by VXRDean View Post
                        Remus is allot louder than the scorpion, if you want it quieter then it's a good system to go for, got to say the remus is allot better quality, and sound imo, so it's a good swap for someone if your remus hasn't done many miles, and they don't mind the slight performance loss going from 3" to 2.7".
                        I'm surprised you said that Dean as Yes it possibly is louder at idle and around town say but under load they all sound very much the same to me ?? Infact I think the 3" sound louder under load

Also each exhaust could sounder different depending how how carbonised it is inside and how many miles its done.

Message to the OP - best to sell the REMUS IMO and buy what you feel comfortable with, if you want real quiet I suggest you look at the original Milltek ( NOT the Race ) or a stock exhaust. The REMUS if in good condition should sell like hot cakes
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm surprised you said that Dean as Yes it possibly is louder at idle and around town say but under load they all sound very much the same to me ?? Infact I think the 3" sound louder under load

Also each exhaust could sounder different depending how how carbonised it is inside and how many miles its done.

Message to the OP - best to sell the REMUS IMO and buy what you feel comfortable with, if you want real quiet I suggest you look at the original Milltek ( NOT the Race ) or a stock exhaust. The REMUS if in good condition should sell like hot cakes
                          I'll take you out in it next time I see you, it's pretty quiet, almost silent when cruising, even when under load it's still not as loud as the remus, by no means is it quiet but it is when compared to the remus, and very deep sound, may not be to everyone's liking, as it doesn't really growl like the piper and remus, in fact it sounds a little bit like my milltek race only a little quieter

Comment

Originally posted by VXRDean View Post
                            I'll take you out in it next time I see you, it's pretty quiet, almost silent when cruising, even when under load it's still not as loud as the remus, by no means is it quiet but it is when compared to the remus, and very deep sound, may not be to everyone's liking, as it doesn't really growl like the piper and remus, in fact it sounds a little bit like my milltek race only a little quieter
                            Do you want me to drive again
                            sigpic

Comment

Do you want me to drive again

Comment

Working...
                              X