This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcon 4 pot brakes

As above, this sale is for a full set of Alcon 4 pots in red. I am selling everything needed to just bolt them to the car and away you go.

Kit includes, calipers, brackets, pads, discs, bells, rotors, braided brake lines and all bolts and washers.

- 4-Pot Monoblock Caliper
    - 343mm Floating Disc Diameter
    - 30mm Disc Thickness
    - Ferodo DS2500 Pad Compound

This kit was fitted new to my car and I am still on the first set of pads but these are around 50% worn.

Would much prefer collection but can post at a really big push.

PRICE - £850
    FITTING (if required) - £30

Thanks for looking and fire away with any questions.
    Last edited by rickvpw; 18 August 2010, 01:03 AM.

woow looks like they have got rather hot with the way the disc have discoloured....

good look with the sale
    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR View Post
      woow looks like they have got rather hot with the way the disc have discoloured....

good look with the sale
      Thanks. awesome brakes with amazing stopping power and yes they get very hot under heavy braking.

best additon I made to my Astra, needed big brakes as was running stage 4.

Comment

well they worked better then mine at castle combe

Comment

A pity we dont really get these setups in SA
          Boosting Right Past You!

Comment

Great price
            sigpic

Comment

to be honest those disc and bells are f$*ked , the bells must of been glowing to discolour the ally and discs like that , good chance the discs and bells are warped , and the integrity of the materials espically the bells would be questionable now as there not meant to take that much heat .
              Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

^^ ditto, what have you sone to them? This setup will need a new set of pads, disks and bells at a cost of approx £1000. Have been through 2 sets of disks on my Alcon setup and they have never discoloured anywhere near that much

If you are going to use them for track work then you also need lots of cooling to go with them like on a race car

best of luck with the sale.....
                sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

Originally posted by napa1985 View Post
                  well they worked better then mine at castle combe
                  mate they were awesome at Coombe, even better than on the road

Originally posted by redastravxr View Post
                  Great price
                  Cheers mate

Originally posted by vxr-mattblacksheep View Post
                  to be honest those disc and bells are f$*ked , the bells must of been glowing to discolour the ally and discs like that , good chance the discs and bells are warped , and the integrity of the materials espically the bells would be questionable now as there not meant to take that much heat .
                  HA HA you got to love VXRO.
                  I am not getting into a debate on the integraty of the materials or anything else for that matter.

The kit is as it is and you take it or leave it. The bells discoloured almost from the off and has never caused an issue.

They are in absolute working order, In fact I am that confident in this that I will fit for free, let you test them, if you have any issues remove them again for free.

I promise that once you test these brakes you wil be chucking your money at me to leave them on!!

Cheers for all comments.

Comment

Again cant you ask the person to crash into you in a few months

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphvxr View Post
                      Again cant you ask the person to crash into you in a few months
                      Mate the month you are having finacially I am allmost tempted to give you them for FREE

........................Not that tempted though

Comment

Right people, I have now collected my new car so really need the space in the garage so no SENSIBLE offer refused on these.

Comment

Originally posted by rickvpw View Post
                          Right people, I have now collected my new car so really need the space in the garage so no SENSIBLE offer refused on these.
                          Goodluck with the sale mate. What you got now?

Comment

Originally posted by HOLLA View Post
                            Goodluck with the sale mate. What you got now?
                            Cheers mate. Gone and brought me a blue oval........Focus ST

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                              X