This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra VXR Footwell Lighting??

Pictures of the Astra with blue footwell lights taken in the dark with no flash

I can provide a dimmer that dims from 100% to aboout 20% light for an extra £10

or an on/off switch for an extra £8

please note a small hole will have to be drilled for the switches / dimmer

Price of the led kit will be £20

I can provide instructions on how to wire this so the lights illuminate once you turn you side / head lights on. I can also sell you a dimmer for an extra £10 if interested in dimming your lights. To install this you simply

1. slide out your oem cd player and thread the footwell lights through the holes done into either footwell.

2. Stick the footwell lights in place

3. connect the 2 wires using scotch locks to the car cd player, by using scotch locks you dont cut any wires

4. push your cd player back into the hole

now the lights will illuminate once you turn you side / head lights on.

A few bits of the instructions are missing but that is 90% of what you need to do

This should take no more than 20 minutes max
    Last edited by RickHondaR; 2 November 2008, 11:01 AM.

do you have to take the front facia off to wire them up
    ..... gone but not forgotten.....

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

Comment

Originally posted by jigger View Post
      do you have to take the front facia off to wire them up
      I hope not, I expect a 10 minute install time for this kit, Very little will be removed

Comment

so how will you access the lighter socket wirewire...
        ..... gone but not forgotten.....

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

Comment

will find out when I do the instructions but I hope just to slide this out and thread the wires in

Comment

once there is instructions and it does not involve soldering i will purches

Comment

it would annoy the hell out of me to have the footwells lit up while i was driving !!!!

wire it into the interior light so it comes on when you unlock the car or open a door !!!

Comment

DONT THINK HES THAT CLEVER WHO WANTS TO DRIVE WITH LEDS ON IN THE CAR

Comment

I like it, did it years ago on an old Cavalier, if I remember me been older, didn't the Ford Onion's have this lol

But yer they need to work on the interior light circuit, switched live kinda thing

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy a View Post
                    DONT THINK HES THAT CLEVER WHO WANTS TO DRIVE WITH LEDS ON IN THE CAR
                    I am clever enough but do who want to remove loads of panels to make that work?????, On the FN2 (new civic type r) they work with the lights while you are driving and people love em and I also do a dimmer pack for those who dont want them as bright. But if you want to show me how clever you are and do an How to guide be my guest
                    Last edited by RickHondaR; 29 October 2008, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shell and stu View Post
                      once there is instructions and it does not involve soldering i will purches

will be no soldering or cut wires, will just use scotch locks to make a connection

Comment

il take one light strip off you, can you PM the Cost ect... thanks

Comment

Originally posted by streamline View Post
                          il take one light strip off you, can you PM the Cost ect... thanks
                          will do after the weekend my friend hope your ok with that sir cheers

Comment

Instructions sorted

I can provide instructions on how to wire this so the lights illuminate once you turn you side / head lights on. I can also sell you a dimmer for an extra £10 if interested in dimming your lights. To install this you simply

1. slide out your oem cd player and thread the footwell lights through the holes done into either footwell.

2. Stick the footwell lights in place

3. connect the 2 wires using scotch locks to the car cd player, by using scotch locks you dont cut any wires

4. push your cd player back into the hole

now the lights will illuminate once you turn you side / head lights on.

This should take no more than 20 minutes max

Comment

I will be using mine for lighting up my intercooler, are they weather resistant?

Comment

Working...
                              X