Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW TO fit Xenons guide

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HOW TO fit Xenons guide

    As I was going to be fitting my xenons this morning I thought I would do a "how to" guide for people that wasn't too sure on what to do.....



    Fist things first you need a HID kit that will be cam-bus compatible, as I soon found out the first time I bought a different kit
    I used the H7 6000K premium kit from www.car-mod-shop.co.uk for £75 all in.



    I started on the drivers side by taking out/moving the air filter box to gain better access to the back of the lamps. This is easily done by removing the torx screws from the lid of the box and moving that to one side. I was horrified to see how dirty my filter was and how much **** and leaves were in the box A new panel filter is on order now



    You will then need to pull/yank at the box as it is held in by rubber plugs. Becareful not to break anything.
    I forgot to take pictures of how to connect the HID kit up but it is VERY easy and everything connects together in a loop. There will be two spade connectors, one red, one black. These are your feed and ground that plug into your original H7 connector. On my kit the red wire went to the single wired hole and the black wire to the double wired hole. If your planning on doing this you will soon see what I mean. The bulbs just push in to the headlight and hold into place.



    After testing to see that everything worked as it should. I cut a little notch out of the back of the headlight cover to allow for the wires to the ballast.



    I cable tied the ballast to the beam you see in the pic as there is no spare space in the Corsa engine bay at all



    I then repeated the process on the passenger side with much more difficulty due to the lack of space, but if you remove the fuse box cover then this gives you a tiny bit more room to play with.



    I fitted the ballast in a perfect sized gap in the battery tray

    Here comes the part where I cover my own back lol
    I'm not a mechanic and this is ONLY a guide of how I fitted HIDs to my car.
    If you follow my guide and you damage something or blow your car up then its not my fault lol.....
    I hope that this has helped. Any questions gimme a shout.

  • #2
    were did u get your kit from mate im going to get some for my astra have u got a pic of how they look on like how far they shine and how bright they r what (K) did u have too i was going to have 8000k what i had on my last car

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ainzi View Post
      were did u get your kit from mate im going to get some for my astra have u got a pic of how they look on like how far they shine and how bright they r what (K) did u have too i was going to have 8000k what i had on my last car
      He wrote this after first picture....HTH

      I used the H7 6000K premium kit from www.car-mod-shop.co.uk for £75 all in
      Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ainzi View Post
        were did u get your kit from mate im going to get some for my astra have u got a pic of how they look on like how far they shine and how bright they r what (K) did u have too i was going to have 8000k what i had on my last car
        from the original post

        Originally posted by JayJay69 View Post
        Fist things first you need a HID kit that will be cam-bus compatible, as I soon found out the first time I bought a different kit
        I used the H7 6000K premium kit from www.car-mod-shop.co.uk for £75 all in.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ainzi View Post
          were did u get your kit from mate im going to get some for my astra have u got a pic of how they look on like how far they shine and how bright they r what (K) did u have too i was going to have 8000k what i had on my last car
          As already answered.
          I'll try and get some pics with them on later when it gets dark.
          Here is a pic with one xenon and one normal

          Comment


          • #6
            holy **** that is bright

            Comment


            • #7
              lol you managed to get a new one fitted then... lmao, does that mean you won't blind me next time with your fogs

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LittleMissCaz View Post
                lol you managed to get a new one fitted then... lmao, does that mean you won't blind me next time with your fogs
                Hey I only had my fogs on because my bulbs had gone
                I wouldn't normally drive around with them on like a chav, it was so I could see lol
                Hence the Xenon upgrade

                Comment


                • #9
                  look like a very nice job!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Not intending to sound like a 'bar humbug' what really is the point of these high power bulbs, surely driving on normal highways that are adequetly lit, you couldnt use them without blinding oncoming motorists, unless you live in the sticks were country lanes have no lighting i really cant see the point (your car and you can see the point i know)
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by miniman View Post
                      Not intending to sound like a 'bar humbug' what really is the point of these high power bulbs, surely driving on normal highways that are adequetly lit, you couldnt use them without blinding oncoming motorists, unless you live in the sticks were country lanes have no lighting i really cant see the point (your car and you can see the point i know)
                      Have you ever driven a car fitted with xenons before??
                      If so then your know exactly what the point is, if not then I urge you to have a try.
                      I had xenons in my Cooper S and I noticed/missed them so much when I got the Corsa. It makes driving much easier at night and I also have alot of country lanes where I live to. Not forgetting the cool white light the give off

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        looking good so far, just one thing... its dark now so where are the finished pics???

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/h7r-pr...mps-p-990.html

                          did you buy those ones mate

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by deanshaw24 View Post
                            They are the ones but I got the H7 not H7R as in the link....
                            Normal H7's are much brighter as they don't have the black sticker on them.
                            They are amazing at night, highly recommend them, especially for the money
                            I'll try and get some night time pics up if I can get any decent ones.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JayJay69 View Post


                              Hey I only had my fogs on because my bulbs had gone
                              I wouldn't normally drive around with them on like a chav, it was so I could see lol
                              Hence the Xenon upgrade
                              Don't lie. You're just a posh kent boy wanting to be an essex boy haha
                              and i still don't like your strawberry air freshner, i've been having nightmares over that

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X