This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warranty from a Remap

A friend of mine was asking me about a warranty on the engine an gearbox from buying a Remap from a tuners Thorney motor sport

now this is the way I see if you go buy a 2nd hand astra VXR and pop along to Thorney Motor sport with your car 40k on the Clock car and engine was in good nick no problems on it at all
    1 year Left on the vauxhall warranty ect ect with 20k left to run

but what he was told if be huys a Bluefin an remaps his car to stage 1 or stage 2
    he will get a warranty for 3 years or 60k ?
    on parts like the turbo and gearbox parts that vauxhall would void from the remap ?

but I cant see how a tuners would pay out to fix
    say Gearbox goes pop due to more power then it was rated at
    £3500 for new gearbox an clutch/flywheel
    £1100 for a new Vxr Turbo fitted again built for 240bhp but being used to make 290bhp putting stress on it

or have i missed the point on this
    £500 to cover that and they pay out or just put it all down as
    Abuse and not pay out
    the truth is out there
    part GSI part VXR
    tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

most major tuner from what i know will if proved to be the maps fault cover you mate

Comment

now have any of them paid out on this ?
      as we got talking down the pub and still when back in work shop fitting a new turbo to a car
      the truth is out there
      part GSI part VXR

Comment

I just Fitted 2k worth of GT28 to a engine an i want a tuners to cover the price of that turbo an fitting ect ect if it goes pop due to a remap
        and how would you prove it was the remap
        I could sit down in my office an put it down to abuse from the driver
        ect ect
        the truth is out there
        part GSI part VXR

Comment

Originally posted by dannyf View Post
          now have any of them paid out on this ?
          as we got talking down the pub and still when back in work shop fitting a new turbo to a car
          if its found at fault (the map) then i beleive they will repair

Comment

wasn't gonna mention this but feel i should

i had a brand new turbo from regal it blew soon after

thought i'd be looking at paying out or having to argue etc but no not even any question brand new turbo fitted set up and rr'd.... fantastic!
            Last edited by smokinvxr; 20 July 2010, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Moved to enable TMS to reply

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
                wasn't gonna mention this but feel i should

i had a brand new turbo from regal it blew soon after

thought i'd be looking at paying out or having to argue etc but no not even any question brand new turbo fitted set up and rr'd.... fantastic!
                You would of had a years warrenty on the part itself mate Happy days though!

Comment

they cover your warranty untill cars 3 yr warranty up ,if it can be traced to map thorney cover it ,if not traced to map vx cover it ,as long as all work done by vx or thorney in the past,thats why i went down that route,my mate at same time had 1.8 sri had it mapped big exhaust all done at tms performance centre,and 2 months ago they replaced his gear box no problem under warranty,secret is dont touch car yourself so you have no grey area's may hurt your pocket at first but could save you a fortune later.hope this was of some help
                  UNDERSTANDING WIFE

Comment

he will prob end up buying the blue fin
                    then going errr I have to plug this into a PC errrrrrr
                    you mean i need to plug it into the car
                    the truth is out there
                    part GSI part VXR

Comment

if you have a tms performance centre near to you its cheaper for them to do it ,they will give you up grade to stage 3 free of charge once you bought map,and i was told they will take map off car if i want when i sell for free to ,so for me it was a no brainer and my car is great now cant recomend it enough to anyone,wish had it done day picked car up from new not 2 years down line ,so its thanks to this site that gave me the info and push to get it done ,i had the aggressive map ,cheers
                      UNDERSTANDING WIFE

Comment

Sorry, not here as often now really.

Not sure of the question? But I'll guess. Our warranty will cover the car for the full 3 years and 60k miles regardless of owner, so if you buy a second hand car and tune it you will be covered for the full three years on all the car. Wear and tear and abuse only restrictions. As for do we pay out, yes, we do. Obviously we dont want to spend millions on warranty claims as we'd rather do the job so you dont need to claim in the first place but thus far our record is excellent woth in terms of numbers of problems and where there is one our position on looking after the customer.

If the question (which I think I read) was that you wanted to add an after market turbo and then we map it then the answer would still be yes although as a non standard Vauxhall part we would treat its potential failure on a case by case basis.

OK?

Comment

he got a blue fin on the car now john
                          the truth is out there
                          part GSI part VXR

Comment

Working...
                          X