Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • some help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    right im having trouble with my cat on my burg bringing a fault code up i no it got summit to do with the cat

    i went into vx other day and i mentioned something i saw in a thread on here 1 lad had his cat changed to a 300 cell by vx

    got a phone call other day and vx said they would change my cat for a 300 cell from walkinshaw performance who do the remus for the burgs

    got told that the 300 cell is more restrictive and not to do it by a few members so i rang walkinshaw and spoke to a bloke who explained that the cat ill be getting on will be ok with no power loss due to the cat be upgraded so it has same flow as the 100 cell but better cleaning for the emissions is this possible im stuck what to do ?

    would walkinshaw put an cat on that would slow the burg down the bloke i spoke to said it will be fine has anyone herd of this upgraded 300 cell cat with the same flow as the burgs cat ?

    was told it's a like for like swap this isnt a standard 300 cel its an upgraded 1 so im told
    Last edited by gary a3; 21 July 2010, 09:50 PM.

  • #2
    should be sorted under remus warranty.
    Last edited by smokinvxr; 21 July 2010, 08:21 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
      should be sorted under remus warranty.
      it's getting sorted under warrenty mate

      vx rang technical and they told them to ring walkinshaw who said they will send them this upgraded 300 cell vx told me it's a like for like swap with better airflow and bigger cell to stop the code coming on

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by gary vxr View Post
        it's getting sorted under warrenty mate

        vx rang technical and they told them to ring walkinshaw who said they will send them this upgraded 300 cell vx told me it's a like for like swap with better airflow and bigger cell to stop the code coming on
        gaz, i carnt see how a 300 cell will be as effiecnt as the 100cell mate.. sum how its got to be more restrictive right??

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Vxr Jase View Post
          gaz, i carnt see how a 300 cell will be as effiecnt as the 100cell mate.. sum how its got to be more restrictive right??
          im not sure m8 the bloke at walkinshaw said its same airflow as the cat iv got but more effiecent to stop the code coming up i even mention what would happen if i got the car mapped and he said its fine as it has same airflow im very confused

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gary vxr View Post
            im not sure m8 the bloke at walkinshaw said its same airflow as the cat iv got but more effiecent to stop the code coming up i even mention what would happen if i got the car mapped and he said its fine as it has same airflow im very confused
            mmm be interesting to see if its true ive never heard that......as far as am aware the code can or carnt come on.....its never come on with me (the light on dash) only on pedal test.... but am stage 2 now so they widen the paremeters

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Vxr Jase View Post
              mmm be interesting to see if its true ive never heard that......as far as am aware the code can or carnt come on.....its never come on with me (the light on dash) only on pedal test.... but am stage 2 now so they widen the paremeters
              just keep getting the same code up mate 40211 it's never put my light on but vx must no the cats are gona fail to be getting theys upgraded cats put on if it was gona be more restrictive i might aswell just have a standard vxr not a burg

              i saw in a thread 1 lad had his replaced to the 300 cell but cant find thread it was some 1 asking if the cat was broke
              Last edited by gary a3; 21 July 2010, 08:44 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by gary vxr View Post
                just keep getting the same code up mate 40211 it's never put my light on but vx must no the cats are gona fail to be getting theys upgraded cats put on if it was gona be more restrictive i might aswell just have a standard vxr not a burg

                i saw in a thread 1 lad had his replaced to the 300 cell but cant find thread it was some 1 asking if the cat was broke
                if the cat was gone am sure it wud throw other codes on..but i may be wrong ...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Vxr Jase View Post
                  if the cat was gone am sure it wud throw other codes on..but i may be wrong ...
                  the remus cat work very close to it's limit so im told so it will put the code on but not the light mate

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by gary vxr View Post
                    the remus cat work very close to it's limit so im told so it will put the code on but not the light mate
                    But surely if the system recognises a fault and puts a fault code up, then its got to put the warning light on ?
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by miniman View Post
                      But surely if the system recognises a fault and puts a fault code up, then its got to put the warning light on ?
                      Does for me - but then the light can go back out of it's own accord but the code will remain stored

                      Astra

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by miniman View Post
                        But surely if the system recognises a fault and puts a fault code up, then its got to put the warning light on ?
                        well what vx told me was it got a tolerence that it work in say between 8-9 and at the min its hittin 8.5 so it send's a fault code it's not present when the reset it if that makes sence mate

                        so if it hit 9 it would put my light on thats how it was explained to me
                        Last edited by gary a3; 21 July 2010, 09:32 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                          Does for me - but then the light can go back out of it's own accord but the code will remain stored
                          no it's never put my light on when they search the fault and clear it its not present i cant work it out mate

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            gary IMO would ask TMS about the stage 2 map you have installed cause there could be serious problems if the map is not designed for a 300 cell cat..

                            as for the cat i cant see how its the same flow as a 100 cell.. its in the numbers.. the higher the cells the more restrictive it is as it filters more emissions than a 100 cell cat...
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              [QUOTE=br3ttwilson;1376857]gary IMO would ask TMS about the stage 2 map you have installed cause there could be serious problems if the map is not designed for a 300 cell cat..

                              as for the cat i cant see how its the same flow as a 100 cell.. its in the numbers.. the higher the cells the more restrictive it is as it filters more emissions than a 100 cell cat...[/QUOTE]

                              as brett says mate, its not possible.. the higher the cell the more restrictive it is..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X