This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Question to ALL TUNERS - Warranty

Im writing a thread here... http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=100344

and want to know the warranty terms of the tuners. TMS is pretty well known so if Regal, Courts and MPG can help that would be cracking.

Cheers.
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

I think they should all post.... Regardless of how well known they are.

Confusion and uncertainty with regards to warranty still clouds us!
    Last edited by DAIR; 26 July 2010, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DAIR View Post
      I think they should all post.... Regardless of how well known they are.

Confusion and uncertainty with regards to warranty will clouds us!
      Fair comment that man.
      Originally posted by Bobbyp90
      Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
      sigpic
      Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
      South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

So why is it that none of them reply ??
        There are lots of things/mods I'd do to my car but won't touch it till warranty run out.
        Last edited by Bronze; 26 July 2010, 10:34 PM.
        Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

I'll help you here - there aint any !

I asked this well over 8mths ago and nothing came of it apart from abuse from certain tuner defenders - so good luck to you as i doubt even if you contact the tuners directly you will receive anything of real value.
          sigpic

Comment

i can not answer for any of the tuners,but if you just look at there posts.
            1. MPG was last on here on the 22nd so would not of seen this post.
            2. courts does not come on or post much.(courts last on here 15th July 2010 12:16 PM )
            3. regal only come on here to read pm's only.(regals last post on here was 23rd June 2010, 01:23 PM )

so you will have a problem with answers to 1 post out of 11+ pages of posts.

i rang all the tuners months ago,and all picked up with in 5 rings,so i would ring someone you need to talk too,as you are saying why don't they answer,they may not know you need an answer.
            Last edited by wayne/VXR; 26 July 2010, 11:07 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Here you go Tom - this is when it emerged that no other tuner seemed to have a proper written warranty bar TMS - Feb 2009;

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=39755

Its a good read if nothing else...

However, the other main tuners I believe did get together to formulate one, but nothing has come on it 12mths later...........

What I think you may find they do have or should have is general t&c's especially if selling online - I could be wrong as this hasnt been discussed for ages now
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                However, the other main tuners I believe did get together to formulate one, but nothing has come on it 12mths later...........

i worked bloody hard on that mate,to get 4 tuners to get a warrenty together.
                DAP,MPG,courtenay and regal,a lot of my time i will never get back.
                they all said yes to work together,but first out was DAP with his sorry to say company going down,the next problem i came across was,that money put in a fund would need to pay TAX,who pays the TAX as there was 3 companys.
                then who was too say the work was to be done under warranty.
                karen at regal also spent time and money to look in to contracts and bits.
                so we did try......sorry.

i'm not having a go at anyone,but people do not know half the work some people on here do for free.(for all vxr owners,not just one tuner)

Last edited by wayne/VXR; 26 July 2010, 11:24 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wayne/vxr View Post
                  i worked bloody hard on that mate,to get 4 tuners to get a warrenty together.
                  DAP,MPG,courtenay and regal,a lot of my time i will never get back.
                  they all said yes to work together,but first out was DAP with his sorry to say company going down,the next problem i came across was,that money put in a fund would need to pay TAX,who pays the TAX as there was 3 companys.
                  then who was too say the work was to be done under warranty.
                  karen at regal also spent time and money to look in to contracts and bits.
                  so we did try......sorry.

Sorry wayne, I didnt realise you were involved

So the whole warranty proposal, unfortunately hit a wall then, shame !
                  sigpic

Comment

Sorry wayne, I didnt realise you were involved

So the whole warranty proposal, unfortunately hit a wall then, shame !
                    it was all my plan.
                    about 4 weeks of my time mate,
                    sigpic

Comment

everybody has consumers rights at the end of the day same as when purchasing goods or services elsewhere. tuners also have rights. you can find this info from any cab.

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
                        everybody has consumers rights at the end of the day same as when purchasing goods or services elsewhere. tuners also have rights. you can find this info from any cab.
                        Yes that maybe so and could help some, but the OP is after what warranty is offered by the other main tuners - been able to view and understand what these are like the TMS 3yr 60,000mile warranty, which is very open and available for all to see.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes that maybe so and could help some, but the OP is after what warranty is offered by the other main tuners - been able to view and understand what these are like the TMS 3yr 60,000mile warranty, which is very open and available for all to see.

mate KIA offer a 7 year warranty,does not mean its any good.
                          i have just had a customer in for a valet and he was telling me his KIA car clutch went after 13 months and it was not under warranty,it was wear and tear,he is 75.
                          plus they need to do a 7 year warranty to sell there cars.
                          sigpic

Comment

all the warranties are the same they are governed by our legal rights.

stating.... 3yr 60,000mile warranty dependant on driver abuse means nothing.

Comment

the way i look at warranty is.
                              if i want vx to warranty my car for 3 years,i do not mod it.
                              if i buy something from any tuner and it goes wrong within 12 months,i will want the tuner to replace it for free.
                              if it is something like clutch or gearbox and it can be put down to wear and tear,i put my hand in the wifes pocket.
                              if i think the tuner should of paid for it and they don't,i never shop with them again.
                              Last edited by wayne/VXR; 26 July 2010, 11:43 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X