This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bilstein B12 coilovers

Looking into handling now, and like the sound of the bilstein B12 coilovers kit at around 800 green queens,

What advantages can I gain from such a setup and does anyone have any pics of a vectra lowered on these bad boys as I want an aggressive stance, I want the car sank but most of all want to be able to throw it into a corner and not worry about roll etc
    sigpic

I did not think that the B12 was a coilover kit as I am sure bilstein calls it a suspension kit ? Whereas they refer to the PSS14 as a coilover kit.

Anyways they only lower the car by 30mm. So not sure how much lower the VXR is going to be or how improved the handling will be? But maybe a question form John at TMs as they sell Bilstein for the vectra nowdays.

Comment

Yea mate since I started this thread I have found out that there dampers,
      They should be quite good tho for the money, can get them for 450 direct, rrp is 680 and tms sell for 750

Thinking of maybe getting the b8 damper and use my Eibach springs with them but I doubt it will lower any further than my setup just now as the dampers are basically the same as on the vec just now

Maybe get some KW coilovers
      sigpic

Comment

As a consideration other then KW have a look at H&R who also make coilovers for the Vectra.

How much lower are the eibach springs?

Comment

You're getting mixed up on terms, the phrase 'coil over' simply refers to the damper being situated inside the spring, hence the coil is 'over' the damper. All OEM and uprated front suspension on modern Vauxhalls is 'coil over'. The rear of the car is a seperate spring and strut, ie the spring is situated in a seperate position to the damper (ie not coil over), very few road cars are rear coil over these days due to the multi link rear suspension most now have. All Bilsteins, KW's etc are spring and strut on the back, coil over on the front.

As regards the Bilsteins, the ride height is adjustable so lower than 30mm is possible but the question is do you want to go lower? If you're fitting suspension I'd assume you want better handling, sometimes the lower you go the worse your handling will get.

The B14,16 etc simply refers to the extra levels of adjustability the different options have. As for price, well we charge what Bilstein tell us to, if there are cheaper out there then we will price match any genuine quote, always have, always will

Comment

Hi john

I don't want the car too low, I'm just trying to figure out my options, I want it to sit better and want adjustability, are you 100% the b12 is adjustable?
            sigpic

Comment

Hi basil,

Had a look for the H&R but can't seem to find the vectra applications
              sigpic

Comment

Here's a link for FK/Konig's Stewart http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...duct=555577743

Comment

Originally posted by DavieK View Post
                  Here's a link for FK/Konig's Stewart http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...duct=555577743
                  Holy ****, there awesome davie, and these will be ok for the vxr? I may invest, especially at that price, il get someone to set them up properly
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
                    Hi basil,

Had a look for the H&R but can't seem to find the vectra applications
                    H&R Part number for the vectra c is 29314-1 or can be found here

http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap...s/29314-1.html

And yes they do fit on the Vectra VXR.

BTW the FK are prone to rusting very badly and need constant care and attention.

Comment

Thanks for that basil

What about these http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap...rs/rsx724.html
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BasilD View Post
                        BTW the FK are prone to rusting very badly and need constant care and attention.
                        Just like any other coilover set-up then in constant use on british roads and british weather

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
                          Thanks for that basil

What about these http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap...rs/rsx724.html
                          SPAX are crap mate imo go for the billies, they will out perform and last better than any of the others similar suspension!

Comment

Originally posted by DavieK View Post
                            Just like any other coilover set-up then in constant use on british roads and british weather
                            No, worse they corrode and have a tendancy to fail alot more then the major brands like H&R, Blisten, Eibach, Koni and KW. So much so that I know of two Vauxhall sellers that used to sell these as budget option that will not stock them ever again due to the issues they had with them.

There is a reason why you find the brands I listed above predominantly in motorsport and that is cause they are the best in what they do and yes it is reflected in price but as the age old saying goes quality costs and handling is not one area you want to skimp on really.

For me though if I ever change my suspension in any way I tend to always stick to two brands namely Bilstein or H&R. So my old Astra G had Bilstein Shocks and H&R springs, current my E63 has a bespoke H&R setup (Thanks to the AMG performance centre) and my VXR well the standard setup suits me fine.
                            Last edited by BasilD; 10 August 2010, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BasilD View Post
                              No, worse they corrode and have a tendancy to fail alot more then the major brands like H&R, Blisten Eibach and KW. So much so that I know of two Vauxhall sellers that used to sell these as budget option that will not stock them ever again due to the issues they had with them.

There is a reason why you find the brands I listed above predominantly in motorsport and that is cause they are the best in what they do and yes it is reflected in price but as the age old saying goes quality costs and handling is not one area you want to skimp on really.
                              Agree all top brands!

Billies are about all thats used in the cars that im involved in on the rally scene and proflex is for when you have made it big time

Comment

Working...
                              X