Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Astra Vxr ap brakes in blue anyone got in stock?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra Vxr ap brakes in blue anyone got in stock?

Hi I am after Astra Vxr ap brakes in blue anyone got in stock?
    Thought this could save me ringing around
    sigpic BURG 472 Gone

For a quick response I would ring them, turners do not come on this forum much.

First place to try Walkinshaw Peformance who are the main reseller

http://www.walkinshawperformance.co....t=brakes&id=63

Comment

Cheers will give them a buzz tomorrow
      sigpic BURG 472 Gone

Comment

http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/p...oducts_id=2837

Comment

thats got to be a bit out of date as a few of tms cars had alcon's at TV Live
          the truth is out there
          part GSI part VXR
          tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

Originally posted by dannyf View Post
            thats got to be a bit out of date as a few of tms cars had alcon's at TV Live
            They list Alcons also

http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/p...oducts_id=4692

Gotta hope that the £320 fitting charge price is an oversight

Also would it take 30mins extra to fit Alcons over AP's? as says 2hr Alcon 1.5hr AP's?

Astra

Comment

With the Astra VXR being front engined, front wheel drive car the front brakes will be doing nearly 90% of the work. As a result a good upgrade here will increase your fun regardless of whether you're a late braker or not.

The Alcons are an upgrade we developed with them, carrying our own Thorney Motorsport branding they are the brakes we use on our flagship VXR-S and VXR-R models. The Alcons benefit from a Monobloc caliper design together with the wider discs than the AP's.

now Regal was selling them kits years ago and steve tolly had the first set on his vxr
              and 888 was also using them on the 888 cdti's ??
              the truth is out there
              part GSI part VXR

Comment

With the Astra VXR being front engined, front wheel drive car the front brakes will be doing nearly 90% of the work. As a result a good upgrade here will increase your fun regardless of whether you're a late braker or not.

The Alcons are an upgrade we developed with them, carrying our own Thorney Motorsport branding they are the brakes we use on our flagship VXR-S and VXR-R models. The Alcons benefit from a Monobloc caliper design together with the wider discs than the AP's.

now Regal was selling them kits years ago and steve tolly had the first set on his vxr
                Unless someone knows better I can only see a change of colour and the branding?

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                  Unless someone knows better I can only see a change of colour and the branding?
                  The OP is asking where to get AP's and who stocks them not alcons, he is also not wanting someone to go through Thorneys website nit picking!

I think the question has been answered so dont see the need to spam the thread when all you are looking to do is get a go with tms cause your bored...

Comment

Originally posted by moosh View Post
                    The OP is asking where to get AP's and who stocks them not alcons, he is also not wanting someone to go through Thorneys website nit picking!

I think the question has been answered so dont see the need to spam the thread when all you are looking to do is get a go with tms cause your bored...
                    Wow - perhaps try some loose fitting underwear there Gordy

AP's cheaper here - http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/inde...ewDoc&docId=44

And here - http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/VXR-4-P...ra-Zafira.html

If you were here to help the OP rather than push TMS then perhaps you would have posted these hey

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                      Wow - perhaps try some loose fitting underwear there Gordy

AP's cheaper here - http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/inde...ewDoc&docId=44

And here - http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/VXR-4-P...ra-Zafira.html

If you were here to help the OP rather than push TMS then perhaps you would have posted these hey
                      Oh thanks for the links there, the OP perhaps would have benifited more than me but i didnt know either of these companies sold them either, i bought stuff from courts before but never looked into bigger brakes. I can recommend the 16g Discs tho! and yellow stuff pads which i got locally.

I knew TMS sold the brakes as thats where i go for my tuning and wheels so naturally ive recommended them as ive seen them on there site.

For your info ive got the thong on the day mate may be thats what it is?!

Comment

This post just more interesting with talk of thongs and stuff

Comment

out of the AP's and Alcons
                          the Alcon setup is a lot better for your money also cheaper
                          if you call Alcon they might have some with out the Thorney stickers or with alcon on them ?
                          they are dead easy to get fitted if TMS is a long way from your house
                          call a few companys and ask them about brtake kits
                          now if you have 19's Regal has the audi RS6 brake kits but they are just under £2000
                          the truth is out there
                          part GSI part VXR

Comment

Working...
                          X