This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Question for Regal

A chap rang you the other day to enquire about Tuning upgrades for his Insignia VXR. You told him about the packages you offer and then proceeded to tell him during the conversation that the TMS Map is too aggressive and wrecks the Clutch. Can you provide further info please as I am running TMS Stage 3 on my Insignia VXR and have no problems whatsoever. This is a genuine question and not a dig or a go. I am a Thorney Customer but have respect for you and the Tuning you do. I have asked all the Insignia VXR Owners I know and none of them have any issues with the Clutch. Most of these Insignias are indeed standard. Only a handfull are Mapped and only 2 are running the figures I am. I have also phoned some Dealers and again no issues. Do you know something we don't. Thank you. Steven... PS-can't ring as I am at work, before anyone says why not ring them.....

pm rreith,his dad has had one go.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wayne/vxr View Post
      pm rreith,his dad has had one go.
      One what ? A clutch on a TMS Tuned Insignia ?

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee VXR View Post
        One what ? A clutch on a TMS Tuned Insignia ?
        yes.
        sigpic

Comment

Might sound silly but why on earth would a Tuners Dad go to a Competitor and have work done when his Son does that level of Tuning ? It then turns out that his is the only one too fail. You sure he can drive it with the increased Torque ? Remember I am not slagging anyone off here I just want the facts and ''honest'' facts.

Comment

Might sound silly but why on earth would a Tuners Dad go to a Competitor and have work done when his Son does that level of Tuning ? It then turns out that his is the only one too fail. You sure he can drive it with the increased Torque ? Remember I am not slagging anyone off here I just want the facts and ''honest'' facts.
            ross's dad works in ESSO.he is not a tuner.
            ross works in ESSO,he is not a tuner.
            ross's dad who had the clutch go has had a astra 888,astra vxr,vxr8 and now a insigna vxr i think he can drive ok.
            also mate you have phoned some dealers,i think vx have 490 dealers so to get the full picture you have to ring a few more.
            my local vx dealer has never sold a insigna vxr so they will not of had a clutch go on one.
            Last edited by wayne/VXR; 3 September 2010, 06:47 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wayne/vxr View Post
              ross's dad works in ESSO.he is not a tuner.
              ross works in ESSO,he is not a tuner.
              ross's dad who had the clutch go has had a astra 888,astra vxr,vxr8 and now a insigna vxr i think he can drive ok.
              also mate you have phoned some dealers,i think vx have 490 dealers so to get the full picture you have to ring a few more.
              my local vx dealer has never sold a insigna vxr so they will not of had a clutch go on one.
              My appologies, I assumed as this was a question to Regal that you meant it was his dad. I will await Regals answer as the question was for them..........Oh yes, I was not questioning his (the dad) driving ability as you assume I was, simply asking if he was able to adapt to the increasd torque.

Comment

My appologies, I assumed as this was a question to Regal that you meant it was his dad. I will await Regals answer as the question was for them..........Oh yes, I was not questioning his (the dad) driving ability as you assume I was, simply asking if he was able to adapt to the increasd torque.
                mate regal do not come on here.
                sigpic

Comment

If it is only one clutch, I suspect it was something wrong with the clutch in the first place and not the map.

Comment

the insigna's are doing clutch's in std cars ask the power events team.
                    sigpic

Comment

That is due to people riding the clutch, I have had the pleasure of paying for 1 at the start,

It's all down to driving tbh, these clutches can't even withstand resting your foot on them, I doubt its anything to do with the map, and I don't think other tuners should be saying things like that about other tuners especially too customers who are only looking for info,
                      If its not proven its the map then you can't accuse that's how I see it,
                      And yes I'm completely unbiased in my opinion before anyone asks
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
                        That is due to people riding the clutch, I have had the pleasure of paying for 1 at the start,

It's all down to driving tbh, these clutches can't even withstand resting your foot on them, I doubt its anything to do with the map, and I don't think other tuners should be saying things like that about other tuners especially too customers who are only looking for info,
                        If its not proven its the map then you can't accuse that's how I see it,
                        And yes I'm completely unbiased in my opinion before anyone asks
                        Well said that man........

Comment

I don't think other tuners should be saying things like that about other tuners especially too customers who are only looking for info,

1 side of the story you have heard.
                          sigpic

Comment

Let's not go there Wayne keep it clean lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Let's not go there Wayne keep it clean lol
                              you know me mate anything for an easy life and i don't like to make waves.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X