X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob scared to dip his toe!

Hi all!

I'm Neil and i'm from Cambridge. I've owned a fair few Vauxhalls over the years, a ton of Cavaliers (SRI's and GSI's) and the last one being a Y reg Vectra 2.2 SRI. I'm looking to get back into a newish Vectra, but not sure whether i should take the plunge and go for a VXR, ( ) or be a little more sensible with an SRI?!

My main concern is running costs, i can handle the insurance and the tax, but just how bad is a VXR on fuel?

Any advice is appreciated in advance!

what the hell..... it's only a toe, you've got another one!

i get @25mpg

Comment

I've done 500 miles since last Saturday when I bought mine. I've used approximately £150 of petrol (V-Power). Not the cheapest of cars to drive, but it definitely puts a smile on your face!

Comment

If you get an sri you will regret not getting a vxr, a standard 2.0t (which are very rare) sri compared to a vxr and your talking 100 bhp difference in standard form. You will get 25mpg which aint to bad for the smile it will put on your face
        Used to have a Silver Lightning Vectra VXR 280, Currently in a Seat Leon FR TDI

Comment

Welcome to vxro go for the vixer !! Your only here once.
          ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

i love mine, not too bad on fuel or insurance, just the road tax is a killer £445.
            But she is worth every penny, the best car i have owned and i have had a few.
            they are rare and i was chuffed to realise that there is only a 1000 of them.
            looking around there are some nice examples at good prices.
            become part of the elite and get a Vectra VXR!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thereplicant View Post
              i love mine, not too bad on fuel or insurance, just the road tax is a killer £445.
              But she is worth every penny, the best car i have owned and i have had a few.
              they are rare and i was chuffed to realise that there is only a 1000 of them.
              looking around there are some nice examples at good prices.
              become part of the elite and get a Vectra VXR!
              Spot on
              Used to have a Silver Lightning Vectra VXR 280, Currently in a Seat Leon FR TDI

Comment

I get 27mpg roughly 300-330 a tank

My record is 400 miles to a tank full, that was all motorway though

Get the VXR it's worth it
                Arden Blue Vauxhall Vectra VXR 666 Gone But Not Forgotton

Comment

welcome 2 the forum.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi and welcome to online........Go for the if not you'll regret it

Comment

Accept no substitute, get the you won't regret it, just stay away from lpg lol
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh and iv seen 999.99mpg before clutch in, going down hill but bloody impressive
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-bandit View Post
                          Oh and iv seen 999.99mpg before clutch in, going down hill but bloody impressive
                          Haha, I crapped myself when I first saw that, thought I'd broken it!

Comment

Cheers guys!

I know i'd regret the SRI, can imagine cruising down the motorway, happy as larry in my new SRI until Whoosh! A Sparkly arden blue VXR comes past and wipes the smile clean on off my face!! 300 miles to a tank is certainly liveable, but how much is a tank? Lol would love to see 999.99mpg! maybe if it was towed everywhere...

Thanks for the info, I've still got some maths to do, but it's definately encouraging!!

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-bandit View Post
                              Isn't it clutch engaged, but foot off the revs that gives that. Clutch in gives like 0.2mpg lol
                              VXR-Less

But now an Evo IX FQ-360

Comment

Working...
                              X