• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AmpdVXR
    replied
    Originally posted by STEVE GRIFFIN VXR View Post
    Hi and welcome to the club.
    I would look at a few before buying(i bought the first one i saw lol)one,Check rear bumper where it meets the arches as the bumper sometimes rubs on the arch and rusts.
    I would get one with good service history,check oil to see if its black which could indicate poor service intervals,cambelt replaced?
    The seat bolsters wear so check them,oil leak from rocker cover.
    Listen to engine on cold start up,listen for tapping noise.
    When you take it for a test drive look for blue smoke from exhaust,turbo seal gone or valve stem oil seals possibly.
    I would also check gearbox for whine or difficulty going in gear and movement of the gear stick when giving it some with the loud pedal.
    I would also decide do you want the later vxr with piano black interior etc.
    This is fantastic info! Thank you!
    When you say a later vxr, what year are we talking? I've been looking around 05/06 due to my budget. I've got max £6k to spend, so that year they're usually around 80k on clock. At this age, do they start to need a lot replacing or could they last another 10k or so?

Leave a comment:

• STEVE GRIFFIN VXR
    replied
    Hi and welcome to the club.
    I would look at a few before buying(i bought the first one i saw lol)one,Check rear bumper where it meets the arches as the bumper sometimes rubs on the arch and rusts.
    I would get one with good service history,check oil to see if its black which could indicate poor service intervals,cambelt replaced?
    The seat bolsters wear so check them,oil leak from rocker cover.
    Listen to engine on cold start up,listen for tapping noise.
    When you take it for a test drive look for blue smoke from exhaust,turbo seal gone or valve stem oil seals possibly.
    I would also check gearbox for whine or difficulty going in gear and movement of the gear stick when giving it some with the loud pedal.
    I would also decide do you want the later vxr with piano black interior etc.

Leave a comment:

• Woody
    replied
    Welcome aboard VxrO mate

Leave a comment:

• AmpdVXR
    started a topic Newbie and potential VXR owner here!

Newbie and potential VXR owner here!

I'm looking at purchasing my first VXR. I've been thinking about taking the plunge for awhile, and I love Vauxhalls. I've owned a Corsa and now have a 2003 Astra 1.4. I'm looking to upgrade to an Astra VXR. I'm not a serious car guy honestly, but I want to get into this! Any advice when looking at an Astra VXR's and not getting screwed over would be very much appreciated!
Working...
X