Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie with a query 👍

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Newbie with a query 👍

    Hi I'm a newbie here with the VXR. Purchased it 2week ago and had it put through MOT which it passed and came back with no advisories 👍 However I've noticed when I'm at a stand still in traffic or parked up after a run out that my fan kicks in quite loudly and for quite a long time. Is this something I should be concerned about or does anyone recommend me replacing anything or buying anything to keep the engine cool? Apart from that I ruddy love the car, my wallet doesn't with the fuel I'm burning off though 😂

    Thanks

    Chris 👍

  • #2
    Mine used to do this quite a lot tbh with you mate, is it losing coolant at all?

    Someone's the fans do quick in to keep the temperature to certain heat so it's not overheating when it is stand still and left running, it's normal on all cars that bud


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm not too sure tbh with you mate if it's losing coolant or not. I haven't had a proper look at the car yet, I'm not even sure where the temp gauge is for the engine yet ��

      I was just wondering if I should be concerned or not. And if anyone recommends me buying a better coolant system or replacing any parts ��

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GoneIn6Secs View Post
        I'm not too sure tbh with you mate if it's losing coolant or not. I haven't had a proper look at the car yet, I'm not even sure where the temp gauge is for the engine yet ي*½ي¹ˆ

        I was just wondering if I should be concerned or not. And if anyone recommends me buying a better coolant system or replacing any parts ي*½ي±چ
        Corsa VXR doesn't come with a temp gauge which is pretty crap if you ask me🙄😂

        I'd check if it's losing coolant mate as mine was and it ended up being head gasket which wasn't too bad as it cost me £463 to have it done at my local performance centre


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JamieArdenVXR View Post
          Corsa VXR doesn't come with a temp gauge which is pretty crap if you ask me🙄😂

          I'd check if it's losing coolant mate as mine was and it ended up being head gasket which wasn't too bad as it cost me £463 to have it done at my local performance centre


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Okay pal yeah it is pretty crap that it doesn't 💩 😂👎 il pop bonnet and have a look to see if I can see any signs of coolant loss or owt. I haven't noticed any leakage when I've looked under bonnet before though so hopefully it's just me being paranoid but it does make one hell of a racket when trying to cool down 😂

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JamieArdenVXR View Post
            Corsa VXR doesn't come with a temp gauge which is pretty crap if you ask me🙄😂

            I'd check if it's losing coolant mate as mine was and it ended up being head gasket which wasn't too bad as it cost me £463 to have it done at my local performance centre


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Okay pal yeah it is pretty crap that it doesn't �� ���� il pop bonnet and have a look to see if I can see any signs of coolant loss or owt. I haven't noticed any leakage when I've looked under bonnet before though so hopefully it's just me being paranoid but it does make one hell of a racket when trying to cool down ��

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GoneIn6Secs View Post
              Okay pal yeah it is pretty crap that it doesn't 💩 😂👎 il pop bonnet and have a look to see if I can see any signs of coolant loss or owt. I haven't noticed any leakage when I've looked under bonnet before though so hopefully it's just me being paranoid but it does make one hell of a racket when trying to cool down 😂
              It is crap that it doesn't have one 😂 think the weather doesn't help with the overheating and the fan have to kick in as well though really mate, probably are being paranoid as you say haha! mines the same as it's a standard procedure for them to kick in at a certain temperature to keep it cooled down 😂


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JamieArdenVXR View Post
                It is crap that it doesn't have one 😂 think the weather doesn't help with the overheating and the fan have to kick in as well though really mate, probably are being paranoid as you say haha! mines the same as it's a standard procedure for them to kick in at a certain temperature to keep it cooled down 😂


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Haha I've had some dodgey motors in past with electrics and temps being all over place so yea I do think I'm just being a little paranoid and wary �� Will check coolant but I'm sure it's nothing. I don't mind the fan kicking in, it's just the noise of the thing. Is there any buys that you'd recommend that get air flow to the engine a lot quicker or mainly quieter ��

                Comment


                • #9
                  If you click the button on the indicator stalk 4 times and hold it for 10 seconds on the 4th press you will get a mini diagnostics menu on the dash. Click another 4 times (I think) and it should give you temp readings. I usually sit at 95 cruising, fan kicks in at 100 but that's usually if stopped for more than a few mins after driving for 20mins or so.

                  Edit * If it really bugs you there is a cooler running thermostat that you can fit that allows coolant to flow more at a lower temperature, pretty easy to to fit from what I've read
                  Last edited by trebble67; 3 June 2017, 01:38 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Welcome aboard VxRO mate
                    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
                    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

                    CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yes welcome

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by trebble67 View Post
                        If you click the button on the indicator stalk 4 times and hold it for 10 seconds on the 4th press you will get a mini diagnostics menu on the dash. Click another 4 times (I think) and it should give you temp readings. I usually sit at 95 cruising, fan kicks in at 100 but that's usually if stopped for more than a few mins after driving for 20mins or so.

                        Edit * If it really bugs you there is a cooler running thermostat that you can fit that allows coolant to flow more at a lower temperature, pretty easy to to fit from what I've read
                        Thanks mate il have a play around with it and see if I can get a reading. And il have a look out for this cooler thermostat that I could possibly fit, cheers 👍

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X