New to vxr!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to vxr!

Hi all, I've just bought a vauxhall corsa VXR VXRacing No 376, and was wondering if anyone knew anything that should be done to the car to make it more reliable? I'm ngl the P4 problem scares me a bit and I've considered getting a turbo timer just to make sure the engine and turbo cool off properly. Anyone recommend it? Also i've considered uprgading the brakes as I'm taking it to Nurburg in the summer, anyone have any reccomendations for that?

P4 isn't a myth but its one of those things that's been blown out of all proportion on the internet;

Lets face it, people only complain when something goes wrong, so out of the thousands of corsa VXRs on the road only a very small proportion have actually suffered the problem. In reality its far less common than problems with even basic cars...e.g. Focus 1.0 Ecoboost where the coolant pipe fractures and fries the engine...now that really happens a lot. Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost with broken synchros - that common. P4 in a Corsa not so much.

Warming the car and up down properly and showing mechanical sympathy goes a long way to avoid P4.

Also bear in mind that the injectors are almost maxed out as standard, so if mapping, or even if intending to drive the car hard uprating those will help avoid P4 due to leaning out too

I would probably put that ^^ ahead of brake upgrades if i were you as standard the brakes are fine if in good condition.

If you want to do both though, the brembos from the burg/E PP edition go on with new and discs and pads too, but there is also aftermarket options like k-sport etc.

(BTW 'm not sure a turbo timer is 100% legal thesedays due to leaving your car running unattended, or even advised as may void your immobilser status. I've not heard of anyone fitting one so its not required)

Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Originally posted by u33db View Post
      P4 isn't a myth but its one of those things that's been blown out of all proportion on the internet;

Lets face it, people only complain when something goes wrong, so out of the thousands of corsa VXRs on the road only a very small proportion have actually suffered the problem. In reality its far less common than problems with even basic cars...e.g. Focus 1.0 Ecoboost where the coolant pipe fractures and fries the engine...now that really happens a lot. Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost with broken synchros - that common. P4 in a Corsa not so much.

Warming the car and up down properly and showing mechanical sympathy goes a long way to avoid P4.

Also bear in mind that the injectors are almost maxed out as standard, so if mapping, or even if intending to drive the car hard uprating those will help avoid P4 due to leaning out too

I would probably put that ^^ ahead of brake upgrades if i were you as standard the brakes are fine if in good condition.

If you want to do both though, the brembos from the burg/E PP edition go on with new and discs and pads too, but there is also aftermarket options like k-sport etc.

(BTW 'm not sure a turbo timer is 100% legal thesedays due to leaving your car running unattended, or even advised as may void your immobilser status. I've not heard of anyone fitting one so its not required)
      Cheers mate, where should i look for injectors?

Comment

Any decent remapper or vxr supplier can supply them - the ones you'd want would be 395cc Bosch items, e.g. here from GCAP;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bosch-395...gAAOSwam1aqXpI

The car will NEED remapped to fit these, you can't just fit them as-is.

If you have no other mods then remap and injectors will take you to a safe 220bhp.

If you post your location someone can give a recommendation on where to go for a remap.
        Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Welcome aboard VxRO mate
          Woody's Vx Ice Addons
          UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

Comment

Working...
          X