X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vxr cruise controlcruise

hi
    just a bit of advise re astra vxr cruise controll switch, i have found a guy who is local to run tech 2 for me at £60, better than the dealers £110 + vat. i was going to fit the switch myself but followed how everyone else said to do it, pulling back the boot push In The Clip On The Underside Of The Stalk but i cant find any clip or anyway of removing the switch. other than taking of the steering wheel off and splitting the switch vunit up....dont want to do that,,, im wondering with mine being a 59 plate if they have updated or changed things slightly... any thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks
    andy

welcome! i doubt it tbh! they wouldnt change something like this on a car that will be stopped in production in the very near future!!

Comment

no they are the same as mine is a 59 plate as well just pull the rubber out and on the under side of the stalk in the middle there is a groove i used a small allen key just push it right in and push the stalk a bit it should pop out and just push the other stalk in . i only payed £30 for the tech 2 as they said half an hours labour but i have since seen it done and it only takes 2 minutes
      sigpic
      ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

better to post this in Astra chat mate
        MB E63s AMG
        MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
        Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
        Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

If you pm vxrmartyn (currently online), he will give you instructions fella
          sigpic

Comment

thanks guys, im either being thick or stupid lol. ill try again tomorrow. afraid to be rough, dont want to break anything, onlu a week old;;
            thanks again

Comment

i think the dealer is charging way way to much for tech 2! my dealer quoted me £56 for the same.

its realy easy to fit the stalk although at first go it may appear difficult,
              there are guys on the forum who offer tech 2, i paid £20 for mine to be activated
              Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

it official, im stupid!!! went and tried again and did it in seconds this time,, found the groove under the stalk and pushed in the pin as told to and hey presto... im totally embarassed by my stupidity,,, and i used to be a mechanic lol thats why it was used to be by obviously,

thanks everyone anyway
                just got to get this tech 2 done now..

Comment

Originally posted by Geordie076 View Post
                  i think the dealer is charging way way to much for tech 2! my dealer quoted me £56 for the same.

its realy easy to fit the stalk although at first go it may appear difficult,
                  there are guys on the forum who offer tech 2, i paid £20 for mine to be activated
                  so did i and he fitted it
                  sigpic
                  stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                  M.U.F.C.
                  http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

please can you advise me on how to post a new thread, i have tried and tried but seem to be missing something,,,, yes stupid does come to mind but im so desperate that humiliation is now a small price to pay.

Comment

dont know if you have enuff posts you should go to astra section at the top right off the first thread there should be a new thread tab click that and away you go
                      sigpic
                      ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

Working...
                      X