X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Bonjour" from French Riviera

Hey every body,

it's a long time i read this forum, looking for advice. But this time I have a specific question and I don't find the answer by myself. So I suscribed

I live in South of France, near to Cannes. I drive a Toyota Yaris TS (RS in UK ?) and a Corsa OPC since July. And I'll try to write some words that looks like english, I hope i'll make understand myself... >_<

I really enjoy my new car, and I bought it with the idea of keeping it like that (whereas the Yaris is tuned). But, even if the brakes are good, they don't last long on our roads. After some miles of mountains at good pace, the brakes are fadding.

On the french OPC forum, owners are more interested in engine upgrades, and I didn't really find some good stuff to upgrade brakes.

I hope someone here can show me a specific thread dealing with it, or even directly advice me on a particular stuff.

Thanks !
    Jc.

PS : some pictures of my cars :

hello and welcome,

here is a few links of brake upgrades you can get for the corsa
    http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/acatalog...nversions.html
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/inde...ewDoc&docId=84

hope this helps
    My Progress Thread : http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=55899

Comment

Great for Regal dc44, I've completely forgotten to watch their store
      I've seen the Courtney and Thorney products yet and I would like to find an opinion on them. Has someone ever bought the EBC pads and discs ? Is it really better ?

On the Yaris I have braided hoses and the feeling is great ! Is someone using this too to have an opinion ?

Comment

Originally posted by jcb View Post
        Great for Regal dc44, I've completely forgotten to watch their store
        I've seen the Courtney and Thorney products yet and I would like to find an opinion on them. Has someone ever bought the EBC pads and discs ? Is it really better ?

On the Yaris I have braided hoses and the feeling is great ! Is someone using this too to have an opinion ?
        Welcome to VXRO!

I am running Braided lines with EBC Discs and Standard GM Pads and I think they are spot on

Comment

What do you mean by "spot on" ? Is it good ?
          Have you felt the pedal is firmer now ?

Comment

welcome here

Comment

Hi welcome to the site....
              ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

Welcome to the forum..
                HeavenlyDetail
                Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by jcb View Post
                  What do you mean by "spot on" ? Is it good ?
                  Have you felt the pedal is firmer now ?
                  Yes its much better than standard, Recently went to the Nurburgring and it was fine around there.. No brake fade and brakes are a lot firmer now. You could go for Uprated pads such as EBC Yellow stuff or Red Stuff Pads but personally I just went for standard pads as they are good enough in my opinion and I think for standard driving the EBC pads take too long to warm up.

Comment

Thank you very much for your opinion, it convince myself for this setting
                    Maybe there is another brand than EBC you can suggest me for the pads to replace the standard ATE next time I change it ? That I can use everyday too ?

And do you have ref and a shop to get braided lines ?

Thank everybody for your welcome

Comment

Hi and Welcome!

Comment

Hi and welcome to the site

Comment

welcome here

I am running this, if that help

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=47827

really happy from them boght them from CS from UK
                          MB E63s AMG
                          MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                          Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                          Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Oh yes I hop it works like that. If I had enough money it would certainly be what I would buy. But I don't have some much to spend

This is why I want to know if is efficient enough a basic set like lozavxr's !

Comment

hi jcb welcome to the site , i was running a stage 3 astra on courts yellow stuff pads and dot 5.1 fluid with the courts brake coolers and never once had an issue on stopping a great set up for little money
                              sigpic
                              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                              M.U.F.C.
                              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X