Faults & Constructive Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faults & Constructive Feedback

Hello All, so after some hard graft we have our fixed and updated forum live. There a still things on the 'to do' list but we thought it would be best to go live and and get some feedback as we should be able to fixed most things while keeping the forum open, so please let us know below any issues, thanks.
    | Find | Watch | Follow |

Just had a brief look and the new look is very nice, so well done on getting everything back and giving us a refresh!

On the outage it would have been good to maybe post something on the VXROnline Facebook page or similar as literally NOBODY seemed to have a clue if it was gone for good or not but hey-ho.

What actually happened anyway?
    Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Hi, I found the info on FB. Pleased to see we are back up & running.
      Hoggy.
      sigpic

Comment

Search fucntionality isn't working atm? I guess it'll take a few days for all the old posts to get indexed?
        Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Originally posted by u33db View Post
          Search fucntionality isn't working atm? I guess it'll take a few days for all the old posts to get indexed?
          Could be the case, I will take a look

Comment

In the meantime fallback on using google - below will search our site for windscreen as an example when dropped in Google
            site:vxronline.co.uk windscreen

Astra

Comment

What actually happened anyway?
              The forum software was old and there was an exploit, I was looking to perform an upgrade then we got attached so had to close down. I took the opportunity to look at new hosting solutions and ended up direct with vbulletin. A lot of repair was required but here we are.

Comment

I find some of the font is harder to read with new colour scheme for example at the top of each page in the 'sticky' sections that the text is quite hard to read now due to being highlighted in Red.
                glad its back up tho

Comment

Originally posted by JamieMartin16 View Post
                  I find some of the font is harder to read with new colour scheme for example at the top of each page in the 'sticky' sections that the text is quite hard to read now due to being highlighted in Red.
                  glad its back up tho
                  You can pick a different generic forum style here if it helps? - https://www.vxronline.co.uk/settings/account

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post

The forum software was old and there was an exploit, I was looking to perform an upgrade then we got attached so had to close down. I took the opportunity to look at new hosting solutions and ended up direct with vbulletin. A lot of repair was required but here we are.
                    I can imagine...took me long enough to scrape your old posts off the internet for my forum so i have new respect for forum admin!

Comment

Originally posted by JamieMartin16 View Post
                      glad its back up tho
                      On my hit lists, thanks.

Comment

ive just followed that link but can't see where it is to change layout or colour schemes

Comment

ignore last post, thanks sheriff

Comment

Well done guys, with what was needed to bring it back I'm guessing it could have been easy to just throw the towel in. Glad it's back 👍

Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
                            http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

Instagram Vxracing488

Comment

Only thing I think needs to change atm is the first post being in red
                              Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
                              http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

Instagram Vxracing488

Comment

Working...
                              X