This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra H 888 Diesel (Thurlby Motors) at Autosport, 13/01/2006

Not a VXR, but modified by 888 for Thurlby Motors, only a 100 to be made, plus 3 possible demonstrators. This limited edtion Astra diesel puts out 200bhp.
    Could this be a pointer to a future diesel VXR

Optional Front Seat

Id love one

Comment

same person behind that astra vxr sprint on the other thread.......from early 2006.

ask Mark (insignia vxr) how much I made a tuned WRX work hard on Suicide alley when I took out the development 888cdti, he was in the passanger seat
      Last edited by Aussie; 11 January 2010, 11:34 PM.

Comment

did we go up suicide alley that day at 888? can remember someone mentioning it lol

and the wide arch astra! is that a btcc car?

sigpic

Comment

yeah it was a ex works astra coupe that was raced by Thurlby/Tech Speed for a few seasons in BTCC, I think it may have even been Paul O'Neill's car when he raced under the Vauxhall banner but he also got behind the wheel along with Fiona Leggate while it was running for Thurlby/Tech-Speed......

Comment

Originally posted by aussie View Post
            same person behind that astra vxr sprint on the other thread.......from early 2006.

Ask mark (insignia vxr) how much i made a tuned wrx work hard on suicide alley when i took out the development 888cdti, he was in the passanger seat
            very
            sigpic

Comment

what mags are on the car ??
              has this car done any 1/4 mile times ??

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie View Post

ask Mark (insignia vxr) how much I made a tuned WRX work hard on Suicide alley when I took out the development 888cdti, he was in the passanger seat
                They sound like serious weapons, i remember years ago seeing on here at a big local show it was parked up on the grass and looked like it had had a hard life from day one, i wondered what all the 888's were about at the time and though it looks sporty for a derv...

It wasnt till i got into the vxr's that i found out about these, id really would love one and they are holding there value well. I was an old school vauxhall fan then went VAG for four years.

Glad to be back and would love a 888 ashtray...

Comment

Working...
                X